Tips for Weatherizing Your Home
It’s a little known fact that the average home wastes as much as 10% of its home heating energy on easy-to-fix air leaks. We don’t want this to happen to you – especially during the winter, where your energy dollars shouldn’t go to waste! With that in mind, take a look at these simple DIY weatherization tips that can help keep the heated air inside your home where it belongs:
- Remove window air conditioning units if you haven’t already, and cover any in-wall units to prevent drafts
- Caulk and weather-strip around door and windows
- Cover your kitchen exhaust fan when not in use
- Install foam gaskets behind outlet and switch plates
- Check your attic hatch, plumbing vents, recessed lights, and wiring holes for any additional air leaks, and apply a little bit of caulk to any holes ½” or less
You can also ensure optimal warmth by signing up for our automatic delivery service! As an automatic delivery customer, you won’t be burdened with checking your fuel levels or scheduling your deliveries. We’ll take care of it for you!
If you’d like to learn more about our automatic delivery service, or if you want more energy-saving advice, talk to the experts at North Shore Oil! Contact us online today for further information.